|Home||» Products||» Straight Edges||» Cast Iron Straight Edges|
Cast Iron Straight Edges
Our company is specialized for manufacturing and exporting a vast range of Cast Iron Straight Edges. In line with predefined quality standards, the offered equipments are designed under the stern guidance of our skilled professionals utilizing superior quality cast iron. These are mainly demanded in industries such as mechanical, automobile, engineering and construction for leveling metallic surfaces. Also, edges are used in hand scrapping operations for maintaining flatness of the surface. We offer these Cast Iron Straight Edges at very competitive price for our customers.
- High durability
- Rust resistant coating
- Smooth edges
- Offered in two types viz. Bow shaped or Camel Back type and I-Section or Parallel type, made generally as p e r I S - 5 2 6 8 - 1991.
- Bow shaped Straight Edges are provided with pads on their bow for supporting Engineer's Level.
- Made from close grained Cast Iron Castings conforming to Grade FG-220 of IS-210. Casting duly stress relieved.
- Offered in hand-scrapped finish to various Grades.
- High spots uniformly distributed. Proportion of bearing area of the working surface not less than 20% for Grade-0 and Grade-1 and not less than 10% for Grade-2 accuracy Straight Edges.
- Flatness of side faces: Any 300 mm length flat within 25 microns for Grade-0, Grade-1 and within 50 microns for Grade-2.
- Squareness of working surfaces and side faces when checked with side face laid on Grade-1 Surface Plate: For Grades-0 and 1: Within 8 microns per 25 mm For Grade-2: Within 15 microns per 25 mm
- Parallelism of side faces: For Grades-0 and 1: Not exceeding 30 microns per 300 mm and 60 microns over total length, For Grade-2: Not exceeding 60 microns per 300 mm and 120 microns over any total length.
- Supplied with rexine cover for protection of working surfaces.
- Actual dimensions of Straight Edges may be more than those stated in the Tables.